Today pharmaceutical companies rely on slat, vibratory or rotary wheel technologies to count and pack their products. Although each machine has its own counting method and speed, they all count one tablet at a time.
DATA’s advanced real-time image processing technology enables wide track counting of multiple tablets/capsules simultaneously, with no need to separate them before counting.
DATA’s ground-breaking, vision-based, bulk tablet/capsule counting delivers 3 times the output per footprint, with 100% count accuracy.
DATA’s proprietary, vision-based ICU bulk counting technology is both fast and 100% accurate.
The counting unit is separate from the tracks, significantly reducing dust accumulation. Magnetic flap connectors also minimize dust effects.
10-minute in-process cleaning required once every 8 hours. System alerts if dust has accumulated on the counting unit and cleaning takes less than a minute.
With no need for multiple narrow tracks or cumbersome rotary wheels, DATA’s tablet counters are remarkably compact and easy to deploy.
5-minute changeovers due to lightweight contact parts designed for tool-free release. Tablet data (size, shape, etc.) is “learned” automatically.
Real-time detection of broken or non-conforming tablets. Filling of affected container halts immediately, reducing the cost of rejections.
As per GMP requirements, the operator has full view of the product from hopper to bottle, significantly reducing the risk of product cross-contamination.
Benchtop model for quick and accurate bulk counting of pellets and mini-tablets as small as 0.2mm.
- The new ICU machine has been vastly better when it comes to counting accuracy compared to the other ones we have, we are extremely happy!Emil Kostadinov, Project Manager, Kendy Pharma Ltd
- In the past, we had problems with accuracy when counting small tablets, as well as problems related to powdered and uncoated tablets, the transition to DATA's ICU machine solved all the problems, we are very satisfiedYongho Lee, Production team head, Korea United Pharm
- In the testing phase of the machine, we sent over 30 different types of the most challenging tablets and capsules: for example, the smallest soft gels, the dirtiest tablets, the most problematic tablets, most of which the previous multichannel machine could not count. The ICU machine can now count all types of tablets, soft gels, and capsules that we pack here while maintaining absolute accuracy.Yitzhak Bar Dror, Factory manager, Altman
- We have two more lines, where we count tablets and capsules, in the way other counting systems are constructed the counting area gets dirty very quickly and we must clean the machines very often. With the ICU machine the problem is solved and in a very dusty environment, we are forced to clean only once a day.Pietro Carlucci, Director of Production, Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard KG
- We have many different types of formats and we need to change several times a day. The ICU machine is perfect for that, completely flexible. As for the accuracy, its perfect we have 0 complaintsAleksandar Penyashki, Chief Engineer, Fortex Ltd
- The quick changeovers allow us to pack several products a day, which was done first with blood, sweat, and tearsGil Zeller, CEO. BARA Herbs
- At the machine approval stage, we thoroughly examined the accuracy of the count by manually verifying more than 10000 bottles, the result was perfectUnited Pharm - Yongho Lee, Production team head
- One of the things that we liked about the machine when we first saw it, was that there’s not a lot of parts, so there’s not a lot of stuff to clean. Everything comes apart in seconds really, so if you needed to tear that machine down in under a minute, you could do itChristopher Baurer, Director of Operations, Proficient Rx
- We have a Tecnomaco Monoblock with a DATA counting machine and we are very pleased. Now we can count tablets and even though a lot of dust is created from the tablets, we can say that the machine counts very accurately. The dust does not interfere, mainly because the camera is positioned separately from the feeding track and tabletsPietro Carlucci, Director of Production, Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard KG
- When I switched to the data machine there were many concerns because it was a new machine with new and unfamiliar technology, but to my delight the new machine meets all expectations and gives us higher outputs than the previous machine with better accuracy and almost optimal reliabilityYitzhak Bar Dror, Factory manager, Altman
- The service is outstanding, I have a representative who speaks to me in German. I can call at any given moment and the machine can be accessed by remote connection. So far, when I had a problem, I called, and the problem was resolved within a few minutes, I am very pleased with the service.Pietro Carlucci, Director of Production, Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard KG
- We knew it was going to be far more flexible and with the fewer parts, less cleaning parts, less moving parts. With our previous multi-channel machine, one of the most frustrating thing, with uncoated dirty tablets on the multichannel style unit, our cleanings could take up to four hoursChristopher Baurer, Director of Operations, Proficient Rx
- The ICU machines are onetime setting machines. Very much operator friendly as they can select the recipe of the product directly from the available recipe and start the production.Vikas, maintenance engineer, Hetero
- We saw the return on investment in no time, both in manpower and accuracyGil Zeller, CEO, BARA Herbs
- [DATA’s ICU 2-80 ] requires the least setup of anything that sits on the line, so from an overall changeover perspective, the ICU2-80 is very quick. After initial setup, there is no bottleneck. Once it starts, it countsChristopher Baurer, Director of Operations, Proficient Rx
- It was very useful for me in lab scale to determine the pellet abrasionPéter Somogyi pharm D. Formulation Researcher, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industry
- DATA has improved our counting and packaging processes by turning them from complex and problematic into easy and pleasant.Gil Zeller, CEO, BARA Herbs
- It makes it a much more flexible machine for us than anything that we’ve ever hadChristopher Baurer, Director of Operations, Proficient Rx
- We purchased several units through the years, the machines are very reliable, we have been working with machines for 3 years and so far and had no need to perform any maintenance activities. Unlike the situation with multi-channel machines where we are forced to perform maintenance operations and disable the lines once every 4-6 months.Vikas, maintenance engineer, Hetero
- Previously we would have to choose to run no more than two types of products in a single day, simply because of the time, it would take to manage that machine…. With DATA’s ICU machine we can run double or triple the number of batches of different types of products in a single dayChristopher Baurer, Director of Operations, Proficient Rx
Find DATA’s representative in your area